Wouldn’t it be nice if you didn’t have to pay for lunch at work, and it was provided to you? Or when you went to pump gas, your card never got charged? What if you could use programs on your computer for school without having to take money out of your checking account? This last thought is not a commercial, it’s real. As for the others…you’re dreaming.
Getting technology for “free” isn’t as difficult as you think, and you don’t need to be a celebrity to get out of paying the bill. We have some great tools you can choose from or try out some of the ones listed below.
- AVG Free– Protect your computer! AVG Free is a widely trusted anti-virus program. They provide anti-virus and spyware protection for Windows users. Very easy to install.
- Billeo – For all those with more than one bill to pay, but need a better way of organizing the whole process this free web browser is for you. It helps people track their finances and make online payments.
- Creative Pro Office – Whether you’re a busy professional looking for a project management system, or a student looking to manage your studies this tool has a wealth of features.
Storage and Collaboration Online:
- Mikogo – If you need to share you screen with your peers or your professor this tool allows you to do that. The program works with up to 10 people.
- 4 Shared– An online storage site iwth 5 GB of space to users signing up for a free account.
- Adobe Buzzword– You can share project files, collaborate on documents, and host web conferences.
- Primo Online– Even if you don’t have the Adobe suite, there’s still a way for you to create PDF files for free. With the help of this online creation service you can do just that.
– By J. Mason
Ready When You Are
At American Public University, students are priority one. We are committed to providing quality education, superior student resources, and affordable tuition. In fact, while post-secondary tuition has risen sharply nationwide, the university continues to offer affordable tuition without sacrificing academic quality.