Did you know that college level learning can be translated into academic credit towards a degree? If you’re thinking of going back to school, or you’re in the process of applying consider a prior learning assessment. Not sure what prior learning is or how it can be used then sift through these questions, and if you find they apply to you this podcast will answer any doubts you had about the process.
- How can students earn college credit for what they have previously earned?
- Can learning really result from any experience? We aren’t just talking about on-the-job training?
- How can prior learning assessment help college students?
- What types of assessment tools are available to students?
- What is involved in the portfolio?
I interviewed Tedi Thompson-Magrini, an expert in the field of non-traditional learning, about this process. Her thoughts and expertise are in the podcast below.
– By J. Mason
Ready When You Are
At American Public University, students are priority one. We are committed to providing quality education, superior student resources, and affordable tuition. In fact, while post-secondary tuition has risen sharply nationwide, the university continues to offer affordable tuition without sacrificing academic quality.