You want to go to law school, but you have an online degree…is this possible? The short answer is yes, but it depends on where you apply to and if your degree is from an accredited institution.
For example, students who achieved their B.S. in Legal Studies from American Public University (APU) went on to law school at prestigious institutions. The legal studies program at APU provides students with the necessary knowledge and skills to make them successful in today’s legal environment. It’s designed for those interested in attending law school or those interested in a variety of positions in the legal field. Students of the program are taught the fundamentals of legal research and writing by thorough examination of applicable case law.
The legal studies program at APU prepares its students for entering careers in law, and opens up the opportunity for attending law school. Here are some of the schools that APU graduates have continued onto after receiving their bachelor’s:
- University of Baltimore School of Law – Accredited by the American Bar Association, this school maintains a low student to professor ratio along with several clubs and organizations to get your feet wet in the law profession.
- Charleston School of Law – Rich with history and a high emphasis on successful passage.
- Barry University – Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law – Awards several merit-based scholarships annually.
- Loyola University (New Orleans) School of Law – Be surrounded by prestigious faculty that frequently receive teaching awards.
- University of the District of Columbia – David A. Clarke School of Law – One of the nation’s most outstanding law schools, according to The Princeton Review (2011).
- Albany Law School – The oldest independent law school in North America.
- University of Denver – Sturm College of Law – A top 100 law school with nationally ranked programs in environmental law and natural resources law, international law and tax law.
- Howard University School of Law – Member of the Association of American Law Schools, Howard Law was and continues to be a pioneer in the pursuit of law degrees and education.
- University of Mississippi School of Law – Covering a broad range of the law, this school continues to grow and develop with it’s student body.
- University of Michigan Law School – One of the oldest law schools in the nation, they hold a commitment to access and diversity along with an equally powerful commitment to excellence.
With all these great options, it goes to show that having an online degree doesn’t restrict you from achieving your goals. Whether those goals lead you to law school or not, a degree in law from APU can help point you in the right direction.
– By J. Mason
Ready When You Are
At American Public University, students are priority one. We are committed to providing quality education, superior student resources, and affordable tuition. In fact, while post-secondary tuition has risen sharply nationwide, the university continues to offer affordable tuition without sacrificing academic quality.