Nothing prepares you more for school than your student handbook. You got them in grade school, something your parents had to sign that you read…even though you probably never did. What you’ll find in the handbook can amaze you though, and it will save you from waiting on an answer from someone.
Things you can expect to find in your handbook:
- Information on transfer credit
- How to register for classes
- The drop/withdrawal policy at your school
- Writing standards
- Information on exams; this is particularly helpful for those new to online learning
- Your rights as a student, as well as guidelines
- Tuition and Fees information
- Features inside the classroom
If you don’t believe me, go see for yourself. Having something like this at your fingertips is super useful, and should be kept with you throughout your studies. If you’re not sure where to find it reach out to your advisor, or a fellow classmate.
By: J. Mason
Ready When You Are
At American Public University, students are priority one. We are committed to providing quality education, superior student resources, and affordable tuition. In fact, while post-secondary tuition has risen sharply nationwide, the university continues to offer affordable tuition without sacrificing academic quality.