Even if you’re not a genius, you can use the same strategies as Aristotle and Einstein to harness the power of your creative mind and better manage your future.
The following strategies encourage you to think productively, rather than reproductively, in order to arrive at solutions to problems. These strategies are common to the thinking styles of creative geniuses in science, art, and industry throughout history.
Nine approaches to creative problem solving:
- Rethink – look at problems in many different ways
- Visualize – utilize diagrams and imagery to analyze your dilemma
- Produce – genius is productive
- Combine – make novel combinations
- Form – Form relationships
- Opposite! Think in opposites
- Metaphor/simile! Think metaphorically
- Failure – learning from your mistakes is one example of using failure
- Patience – don’t confuse inspiration with ideas
(source: Study Guides and Strategies)
Join the conversation and follow us on Twitter!