The field of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), is one of the more stable areas of career growth, but is lacking female students. To encourage further growth in this area there’s a new massively open online course (MOOC) geared toward mentoring women in the industry. WitsOn is a six week long course starting on October 1st with six female industry leaders and academics from the field of STEM.
For those that are struggling to find their place in this industry, this course will provide guidance and direction. The women leading the charge as mentors for WitsOn are:
- Maria Klawe, Harvey Mudd College President
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology & Strategy Officer, Cisco
- Dr. Julie Shimer, Former Welch-Allyn CEO
- Julie Larson-Green, Corporate Vice President, Windows, Microsoft
- Mae Jemison, Astronaut
- Professor Jacqueline K. Barton, Caltech
If the area of STEM is your degree path this is a great opportunity to connect with other leaders in the industry.
By J. Mason
Online Career Tips Editor