Many online schools have a subscription to Ebrary to support their students. This is helpful, as students can easily access many textbooks and other academic books through this online system.
For students with an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, you can download the Ebrary app to download, read, and search books, most of which can be checked out for offline reading. Getting it setup can be a little tricky at first, but it is worth the effort.
In order to get the Ebrary app working on your iPad, you will need the following:
- A login for Ebrary from your school
- A free Facebook account
- A free Adobe ID
- The free Ebrary app for your iPad
Once you have all that in place, follow these steps:
- Log into Ebrary via a web browser on your computer. The link will vary depending on your institution. For APUS/AMU, the link is http://site.ebrary.com/lib/apus/.
- While in Ebrary, go to My Settings and connect your Ebrary account with your Facebook account.
- Launch the Ebrary app on your iPad.
- Login with your Facebook account.
- Login with your Adobe account.
After that, you are all setup and ready to download and search for books through the Ebrary app.
Scott Manning is currently an undergraduate at American Military University working on a degree in military history. He subscribes to the statement by Malcolm X that says, “History is a people’s memory, and without a memory man is demoted to the lower animals.” Everything that occurred in this world has accumulated to produce our present day. Scott writes about his passion for history and military history on his blog, Historian on the Warpath.
Ready When You Are
At American Public University, students are priority one. We are committed to providing quality education, superior student resources, and affordable tuition. In fact, while post-secondary tuition has risen sharply nationwide, the university continues to offer affordable tuition without sacrificing academic quality.