We all need breaks in between work, studying, and writing papers. Some people take walks, others veg out in front of the TV, and others read for pleasure. If you’re not a “reader” there are plenty of other activities to keep your mind stimulated while you step away from your classwork.
Even if you’re trapped indoors, on account of the sweep of snowstorm, there are plenty of ways to stay mentally engaged. Here are some mentally engaging things you can try:
- Read the latest book on a bestseller list.
- Do a crossword puzzle.
- Work on a puzzle.
- Work around the house on a DIY project.
- Visit a local art museum; in warm winter gear!
- Quiz your family on a popular topic.
- Select headlines from various news outlets and start a debate with a friend.
- Join a new social group at school.
- Sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of online learning news!
By J. Mason
Online Learning Tips Editor