If you’re a regular to our blog here, OLT, then you have some type of involvement with online education. We typically share insight into becoming an online student, the onboarding process, how to choose a degree path, how to communicate in the online classroom, and news for higher education. Did you also know that we have a regular appearance from American Public University faculty members? Several times a month you can find a new post that details new information happening in their field of learning, or you can read more on their thoughts on the state of education in the Scholar’s Desk category. There is a lot of great information to be had, and as an online learner you’re at a great advantage due to the wealth of information at your fingertips.
Along with your FAQs for the online classroom you should also bookmark some great blogs that relate to your classroom material. Depending on your field there is an endless supply of resources out there. Here is a short list of some immediate favorites that come to mind.
- In Military Education – Learn more about tuition assistance, career transitioning from the military, adapting to mobile environment, and career options.
- In Public Safety – This blog is constantly pushing the envelope with commentary on issues relating to law enforcement, emergency management, fire services and national intelligence. A great resource for students currently working in these verticals, or looking to move into the field.
- In Homeland Security – This is a top online resource for breaking news on homeland security and intelligence news.
- Edu Trends Online – For those studying education this is a great place to read on about where we stand with common core standards, literacy campaigns in schools, and overall teaching advice and guidance from professionals.
- AMU Security Info – A great place to help you stay self aware not only of your immediate surroundings, but the events taking place in the industry.
- The Stream – A central location for podcasts with topics ranging from environmental awareness to tips to being a smart business owner.
- Sports Fitness Network – A very comprehensive resource for the sports management and sports and health sciences industries. You can expect viewpoints from various backgrounds and walks of life.
Do you have a blog or two that you follow for great information? Share them in the comments section below.
By J. Mason
Online Learning Tips Editor