It’s a magical time of year for many, even for those of us who have outgrown our belief in Santa. For those celebrating Christmas it’s the time to share time with the people you love, and give gifts. If you could stuff your stocking with something besides candies and trinkets, what would you put in it for school?
Besides wanting material items like the new Kindle, noise canceling headphones, or anything off of your Amazon wishlist, what about something intangible? Start a school improvement list, instead of just wishing for things to magically change.
Here is a sample list to get you thinking:
- Master APA or MLA citations for classwork.
- Get a tutor for abstract algebra.
- Turn in classwork at least a day before it’s due.
- Memorize key terminology for your field.
- Review at least one scholarly article every other week as a supplement to classes.
Leave the tech gifts, jewelry, and gift cards to your family and friends to give to you. Ask yourself for some specific deliverables for the next couple of classes. The more you practice, the more mental muscle memory you’ll gain and the actions will become second nature.
Have a Merry Christmas!