How to Make Your Own Spring Break as an Online Learner
It’s that time of year again where students are let out of school for Spring Break, college students travel to foreign destinations or spend time at the beach, and parents have to find new means of keeping their kids entertained while they still have to work. If you’re an online student, there is no real spring break. In order to take part in the Spring festivities you would need to take time off work, and possibly school.
Just because your university won’t be shutting down for a week doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some time off too.
The great thing about going to school online is the flexibility of classes. Even if you’ve signed up for new classes back to back this Spring, you can still take a few days to enjoy the weather and bask in the same freedom that other students are enjoying right now. If you have children, all the more reason to take a step back from work and school for a day to unwind and re-adjust. You don’t need to attend a traditional university to have your own vacation time. Here are some ways to let loose without losing track of your work.
- Visit the beach. Depending on where you live, and if it’s still cool outside, you could take a day trip to the beach and soak up some sun and unplug for a few hours.
- Take a food field trip. Is there a restaurant you’ve been wanting to try but it’s an hour or so away? Jump in your car, or an Uber, and enjoy a good meal.
- Relax indoors. Turn off your laptop and your phone! Unplug for a few hours a day if you can manage. It may help you recharge your own batteries and help you avoid burnout.
- Be a tourist in your hometown. In a lot of cities there are historical areas you can visit that are right down the street from you. Make an itinerary, pack some coffee and explore things in your town you’ve overlooked before. Check out a museum, historic building, or an art gallery.
- Volunteer for a day. If philanthropy is your thing, this could be a great alternative activity to try on your time off. Check out your favorite charities to see if they have anything going on this week or the next, and where you can help out.
- Go shopping. This can be forclothing, electronics, rare collectibles, you name it. Turn it into a hunt of sorts to keep it interesting.
Whatever you choose to do, don’t miss out on the season of vacation time. Even though being an online student sometimes means you will be in school throughout the year, it doesn’t mean you should ignore the natural breaks during that time. Take some time off to enjoy the experience. Give your non-traditional education experience a more traditional flair with novel vacation breaks.
Ready When You Are
At American Public University, students are priority one. We are committed to providing quality education, superior student resources, and affordable tuition. In fact, while post-secondary tuition has risen sharply nationwide, the university continues to offer affordable tuition without sacrificing academic quality.