By Susan Hoffman
Contributor, Online Learning Tips
If you haven’t signed up to use our free mobile app yet, now is a great time to use the demo and see the great features this app offers for your online classroom experience. If you’re a current student, you can log in and begin using the app immediately. If you’re a prospective student, view our demo using your Facebook, LinkedIn or Google credentials or any valid email address to explore how the app works.
Downloading and Using APUS Mobile Is Easy
APUS Mobile is currently available for the operating systems of these mobile devices:
- iOS mobile devices — Apple’s App Store
- Android devices — Google Play
- Amazon Fire tablets — Amazon (type “apus mobile” into the search box)
After you download the app, it’s easy to set up. For students, just enter your student ID number and password to get started. Your information and student credentials remain secure through our encryption.
APUS Mobile App Features Offer Flexibility and 24-Hour University Access
Whether you’re at work, at home or on the road, it’s no problem to remain connected with the university, and your classes, on your mobile phone or tablet. With our mobile app, you can:
- Participate in classroom forums and respond to posts
- View your class assignments and syllabus
- Read announcements and lesson content
- Connect with other students and your instructors
- See messages in your APUS Mobile email inbox
- Check your grades
- Access your academic plan and our library
- Review university policies
You can also set your preferences globally or by course tool for each mobile device you own. After you choose your preferences, you’ll receive automatic device notifications when new general notifications are issued and/or posts appear concerning your announcements, assignments, grades, messages or forums. These notifications are also visible in the Notification Center, which you access through one tap on your mobile device.
Note: You’ll still need your computer to submit assignments or take quizzes and tests.
Offline Mode Ensures Work Is Saved and Posted Automatically
APUS Mobile can be used anytime and anywhere. For example, you can write a forum post or type a message on your tablet or smartphone when you’re offline. When you reconnect to the Internet via a cell signal or Wi-Fi connection, your work is automatically synchronized to our online classroom.
If you’re on the Web and your Internet connection fails, your posts are automatically saved and time-stamped according to the time when you regain the connection. The posts are then auto-synchronized and posted to your course, and you’ll see posts from classmates and your instructor that appeared during your absence.
Additional Features in Development
In addition to the new demo feature, we’re also working on additional ways to make the APUS Mobile app more convenient for you, including:
- Notification Center — a new place to access your new content in one click!
- New Home button to take you back to the home screen in one click
- Access to your ledger balance
- Online registration from your mobile device
- Ability to pay your tuition from your mobile device
Please note: You must be an actively enrolled student to access our online classroom and use the full capabilities of APUS Mobile. To see our academic programs and enroll, visit us at American Military University and American Public University.