By Susan Hoffman
Contributor, Online Learning Tips
The current coronavirus pandemic has caused some major changes in the educational field. Brick-and-mortar colleges and universities have ceased in-person classes, asking students to remain at home for now as they try to adapt their live classroom format to online learning.
Start a degree program at American Public University.
For students who were looking forward to starting their first college experience, the future is unclear. But both American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU), leaders in online higher education, offer a useful way to get a head start on your education: courses for transfer.
What Are Courses for Transfer?
Courses for transfer are classes that you can take to transfer to your intended college or university, subject to your future college or university’s transfer credit policies. Some students use them to fulfill general education requirements in subjects such as English, history, math and science.
To take these classes, you’ll need a computer and a reliable internet connection. In addition, be sure to check with the admissions department or registrar of your intended school to learn their policies and procedures for transferring coursework.
These courses offer greater convenience for you, because you can study whenever it fits your schedule: early in the morning, on your lunch break or in the evening. Our online classes are a good opportunity to get started in your college career.
What Are the Advantages of Taking Online Courses?
Taking courses for transfer has multiple advantages:
- Do a “trial run” before starting an entire degree program – If you’d like to test your intended major, consider taking one class online to help you determine if the subject matter interests you.
- Choose from a variety of classes to improve your professional knowledge – Both AMU and APU offer hundreds of courses in a wide range of fields, such as business, criminal justice, cybersecurity, healthcare, homeland security, management, psychology, and intelligence studies.
- Prepare for specialized licensing or credentialing – If you intend to pursue a career that requires a professional license, taking courses online is useful for getting started. However, check with your licensing board about their requirements before you sign up for a class.
- Earn college credits if you’re still in high school – Eligible high-school juniors and seniors can take university classes at the 100 and 200 level (known as dual enrollment or concurrent enrollment).
- Transfer your credits to the CCAF GEM program – Both AMU and APU participate in the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) General Education Mobile (GEM) program. With this program, Airmen can complete up to 15 semester hours of general education requirements.
Courses for Transfer Also Help You Complete Your Degree More Quickly
Classes at AMU and APU are a great path toward completing your degree more quickly. We offer monthly class starts and affordable tuition rates, and there is no application fee. For more information or to get started, call 877-755-2787 or email email@example.com.
Ready When You Are
At American Public University, students are priority one. We are committed to providing quality education, superior student resources, and affordable tuition. In fact, while post-secondary tuition has risen sharply nationwide, the university continues to offer affordable tuition without sacrificing academic quality.